Monday, January 01, 2007
Feliz neuvo ano from Gunajato
Further south into Mexico, about four hours from Mexico City. Large town, once a booming silver town, nestled in the hills, gorgeously colorful houses stacked up on the hillsides. Lots of colonial architecture, and three gigantic theaters! All the streets go one-way east. To go west you have to go through freaky claustrophic tunnels. I guess a town full of miners made tunneling seem logical. We spent an hour and half driving in Mister Toad's Wild Ride trying to find anything we could recognize from our map or our travel book. Spent new year's eve here and like it so much, we'll do one more night. Tomorrow, on to more of Mexico, probably the Veracruz coast on our way to Guatemala.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am living vicariously through you and having a blast. I've been to this city before but still wish I could be there with you. Please let me know the nearest Western Union so I can "send" 10 Margarita each by telegram. Have a ball and keep me posted.
Post a Comment